Sunday, June 30, 2013

Rides to Avoid?

If you have riders who tend to want to run for the chicken door......

Space Mountain


While I have been on this ride and do not think it is a rough ride, it can be intimidating because it is completely in the dark with lights and stars flying past you.  The first time I rode it, I was in college.  I must say I was so thankful that it broke down while we were in line.  I was able to see the inside when they turned on the lights to work on the ride.

Expedition Everest-Legend of the Forbidden Mountain


I must admit, I have not done this ride.  My husband loves it but my five year old was a little traumatized.  You hurl 80 feet down the mountain on this adventure.  The train unpredictably races backward into the mountain, swooping up into a double-looping turn.  The Yeti appears on the cavern wall.

Twilight Tower of Terror


This is a favorite among Disney fans, another one that I have to gain some courage on.  We have not placed any of our children on this ride because of the scare factor and the continuous drop.  This is one that I would exercise caution.

Rock 'n' Roller Coaster
A convertible car full of riders speeding along the track at the Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith

Bashfully, I must admit that I took the chicken door on this ride.  I had never heard that term before until I told my husband I couldn't do it and he said, "take the chicken door".  At first I was offended but when I checked the guide book, sure enough, that is what it is called.  This ride takes off at 60 mph and has 3 inversions, 2 rollover loops and 1 corkscrew.

Thunder Mountain Railroad


This is probably one of my favorites because even though it is fast and has some sharp turns and hills, it is nothing this wimpy mamma can't handle.  My son always keeps one hand on me in this ride because he admits he is afraid I might fall out!

Splash Mountain


If you can handle the big dip at the end of the ride, which is clearly visible from the entrance area, this is a delightful ride.  It has the cutest characters as you ride in a boat through the tale of Br'er Rabbit.  It has over a 100 talking, singing audio-animatronics critters that call Splash Mountain home.  Watch out for the 5 story waterfall!

If you are worried about how your child might do on the rides mentioned above, take some practice runs on the following:

Barnstormer
A sprawling, circus-themed poster announcing The Barnstormer attraction starring Goofy as a stunt pilot
Magic Kingdom

Primeval Whirl
Family of 4 screaming in delight at Primeval Whirl at Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park
Animal Kingdom

Just remember, Disney Parks has something for everyone.  Respect the chickens and have fun out there!



No comments:

Post a Comment